First things first, I’d like to thank benez256 of I Heart Old Games for nominating me for this. I’ve never heard about the Liebster Award or what it was until now, but now that I’ve received an nomination for it, I can see that it’s a very intriguing concept and a great way to discover even more spectacular blogs.
Here’s how it works:
- Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer.
And now, without further ado, the questions I received…
1. Which was your first PC/Console?
None other than Sony’s magnum opus (at least in my eyes), the PlayStation 2. Truly one of the greatest electronic systems ever conceived.
2. Which was the last film you saw in theatre?
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows. I did a review on it a few days back, which can be seen here.
3. Which was the most frightening movie you’ve ever seen?
The Fly. David Cronenberg is a body horror mastermind.
4. Which vintage console would you like to have and with what game?
The Atari Jaguar, just out of morbid fascination. Attack of the Mutant Penguins, but purely for the awesome-sounding title.
5. If you had the possibility to act in a movie of the past, what would it be?
6. What is your favorite soft drink?
Dr. Pepper. Definetely Dr. Pepper.
7. When you started blogging?
January 16, 2016. I also made my first post that day.
8. Super Mario or Sonic the hedgehog? (a.k.a. NES or Sega?)
The former, due to its’ general feeling of timelessness and ability to keep a consistent quality with each release.
9. Which was the best horror movie of the last 10 years?
The Babadook. You don’t need cheap jumpscares, mindless gore, and pointless remakes all of the dang time, sometimes you just need to take it back a notch and delve into heartwrenching tales of loss and tragedy.
10. What is the best Roger Corman movie?
His unreleased Fantastic Four film. It’s crap, sure, but it least it’s crap in a genuinely funny and enjoyable way, unlike last year’s miserable snore fest. That, and it’s also far closer to the comics than any of the proceeding films.
11. If you had the time to start another blog, what would be the subject?
Definitely movies. I’d love to take Now Playing beyond this blog for film discussion.
The 11 nominees (Sincere apologies if you’ve already been nominated before. Picking eleven blogs for this is way harder than it sounds):
- Red Metal
- Astro Adam
- Lost to the Aether
- Mr. Panda
- The Well-Red Mage
The 11 questions:
1. Favorite plant?
2. Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon?
3. Most disappointing game in recent memory?
4. Favorite flavor?
5. Best E3 ever?
6. Most overrated TV show?
7. Favorite Nintendo character?
8. Worst movie you’ve ever seen?
9. Best video game soundtrack?
10. Most tragic downfall of a video game company/franchise?
11. Least awful Michael Bay film?